Bhūmi

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bhūmi
Bhūmi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Region of Bhūmi

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eurydice Claims

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eurydice Claims Empty Eurydice Claims 21.10.12 15:12

Emburia

Emburia
Founder

Eurydice Claims OOUMz

The Continent of Eurydice
Click the image for the full-scale version of the map
3.47 Million Km2, not including Ilythia or Caelia

-------

This thread is for the submission of map claims. Simply post where on the map you would like to have your country, along with the name and location of your capital and two or three other major cities. The cartographer will try his best to accommodate your request, however it would be infinitely more helpful if you posted a rough sketch of where you want to be placed.

-------

When placing a map claim, keep in mind that the continent is roughly the size of Europe, and Emburia is roughly the size of France or Spain. Also try to keep your claim reasonable, and remember that population size has no correlation with geographical size, so having a large population doesn't mean you need a large geography. In fact, large claims will more likely be granted to nations with smaller populations, under 100 million people.

A place on the map is required before you can start roleplaying, although if you make a claim that doesn't overlap with another claim, you can start roleplaying as if you have been approved. However it is probably best if you waited until approval, in case your claim is rejected for some reason (such as too large a claim).

Climate is of course important when choosing your location, so I will try to briefly describe the climate of Eurydice. Overall the climate is temperate, not unlike Europe. The northern portion of the continent has a climate more characteristic of northern Europe, with harsh winters and mild summers. The western portion is warmer and more arid, dominated by shrublands and grasslands, The southern and eastern coastline along the mountain are more characteristic of a Mediterranean climate, such as is found in Italy, southern France and Spain. The mountains are dominated by boreal climates, with more extreme winters and summers, and the highest peaks are located in the southern mountain range.

The island off to the west is actually named, called Ilythia, and has a climate not unlike that found in the British isles. The peninsula extending out from the east is part of a continent called Caelia, and has a climate like the rest of the norther Eurydice, if a little warmer and humid.

Last edited by Emburia on 04.11.12 17:50; edited 3 times in total

https://bhumi.board-directory.net

2Eurydice Claims Empty Re: Eurydice Claims 27.10.12 11:01

Tarrum

Tarrum

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but could I have the little blob of land at the southern most tip? If I could, I'd like to have all the way up to the first river from the bottom. If not, just the little circle. Thank you,
-Tarrum

Last edited by Tarrum on 27.10.12 11:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot an important word)

3Eurydice Claims Empty Re: Eurydice Claims 27.10.12 12:21

Imearia

Im unsure how to word this but the peninsular that almost connects to Ilythia down to the lakes and stretching to the start of the barren mountains with its northern most boarder being the first river.

4Eurydice Claims Empty Re: Eurydice Claims 27.10.12 17:12

Emburia

Emburia
Founder

Excellent, map requests! Where would you like your capital cities, guys? Also, Imearia, I'm having trouble figuring out where it is you want to be placed, maybe mark the area on the map? Maybe I should add some kind of numbered grid or something, lol.

5Eurydice Claims Empty Re: Eurydice Claims 28.10.12 17:59

Emburia

Emburia
Founder

Map updated, I included Beatus's claim (which he sent me on IRC), and what I *think* is Imearia's claim (thank you to Beatus for helping me figure it out). Tarrus seems to have left the region so I'm not sure what's up with him.

Imearia, still need your capital city name/location but I put you on the map so everyone knows where you are. If I got the location wrong, just tell me and I will fix it accordingly.

6Eurydice Claims Empty Re: Eurydice Claims 29.10.12 5:11

Imearia

Sorry I havent been round, ah the capital city Is the city of Tanis, sits on the small outcrop that maybe an island thats directly under the A of Imearia, the largest city of Imearia is situated on the banks of the lake on the peninsular that reaches out to Ilythia and the last major city city of Imearia is close to the southern boarder above large lake.

7Eurydice Claims Empty Re: Eurydice Claims 31.10.12 14:29

Emburia

Emburia
Founder

There, added your capital city. You forgot to name your other two cities, but it's not super important, it's good enough that they are marked down on the map.

btw Imearia you should come check out the IRC!

8Eurydice Claims Empty Re: Eurydice Claims 03.11.12 6:51

Parhe

I would like my claim in the red to the west of about everyone else. I tried my best to match the style of the map, I hope it gets accepted. I was imagining a nation with perhaps multiple great powers with no single or two nations dominating the globe.

The capital and second largest city I marked is New Paaoma. Dallas (Previously named Dalen, which is it still called at times), the largest city in the nation, is located North East of New Paaoma. Feihaengkoki is the third largest city, and is the western city on the coast. Kongruki is the fourth largest city and former capital, located just directly south of New Paaoma. Boyankou is the fifth largest city and is the other coastal city. Sixth largest city, south east of New Paaoma, is Paaoma. Toama is the last city of mention, being seventh in size, is located on the island off the north coast of the mainland.

I hope this is accepted. If I placed too many cities you could take some out, starting of course by the smallest cities.

9Eurydice Claims Empty Re: Eurydice Claims 04.11.12 14:05

Emburia

Emburia
Founder

All approved, I will update the map later (I am house-sitting, but will be back home in an hour or two), but you can roleplay and etc. as if the map has been updated.

*throws holy water on Parhe* You have been blessed, my child!

EDIT: Map fully updated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum